Terms & Conditions
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean 1st Accurate Services Ltd
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works and/ or supply materials
(c) The Operative or Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company
1) A quotation is subject to acceptance within 30 days. If the customer requests postponement of the start of installation, one month or longer after 1st Accurate Services Ltd is ready to proceed, 1st Accurate Services reserve the right to withdraw the quotation.
2) You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who the customer is and we have confirmation that you have to right to instruct us on their behalf.
3) The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide an estimate to the Customer and shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by estimates given in writing to the Customer. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
4) If the installation work has to be suspended or varied at the Customers request, or if the Customer requires work on the system to be carried out outside of normal working hours, the Company shall be entitled to make a reasonable additional charge for the extra cost incurred.
5) In the event that during the course of the work Asbestos or any substance of a hazardous or potentially hazardous nature is discovered, 1st Accurate Services Ltd will comply with local or national regulations, or other requirements that may need to be observed before work continues.
If this results in additional work over that which this estimate is given to cover, an additional charge may be made. However, if the appropriate course of action is for the material to be left in place without alteration or additional work, the Company will not be responsible for any work involved in removal, should this be required, the Customer will be responsible for leaving the working area safe.
6) Material collection:
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Time must be kept to a minimum and reasonable
(b) The Customer must be informed wherever possible when the operative leave the premises
(c) If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances
(d) Only one engineer is allowed to leave the job to collect parts
(e) The collection of materials which should be normally stocked items is
7) Where the date and/ or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date and at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/ engineer or for the late or non delivery of materials.
8) 1st Accurate Services Ltd accepts no liability for any delay in completing the work due to circumstances beyond our control. Appointments are given in good faith, of which we try to keep.
9) Any quotation is given and the installation undertaken by the Company on the condition that any necessary licenses, authorities or permissions, including the consent of the Landlord or Local Council, are first obtained by the customer.
10) The Customer will give unrestricted access to the house and grounds in order that the installation work may be undertaken. 1st Accurate Services Ltd reserves the right to make additional charges for such delays.
11) All 1st Accurate Services Ltd materials whilst on the Customers premises whether fixed or unfixed are at the sole risk of the customer. The Company expects the Customer to take reasonable care in protecting such items.
In the event of any materials being damaged, destroyed or stolen due to negligence, 1st Accurate Services Ltd will pursue full repayment. Also for any materials/ work removed, damaged or destroyed, whilst in the Customers care the cost of replacing any such materials or reinstating/ restoring such works shall be charged as an extra.
The Customer shall not be responsible for any loss occasioned solely by the negligence of the Company’s employees or contractors.
12) The work will be carried out in a professional manner. The Company cannot, however, be held responsible for any damages to decorations, fittings, existing pipe work, cylinders or tanks caused during the normal course of installing or removing fixtures and fittings. Note: although rare, responsibility cannot be taken for leaks or airlocks that may occur on systems as a result of “Power-flushing” or Installing Pressurised Systems.
13) Although every care is taken when taking up carpets, wooden floor boards and other flooring covering 1st Accurate Services Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage whilst carrying out this work.
14) 1st Accurate Services Ltd will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste and drainage systems etc.
The Company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the Customer and against the written or verbal advice of the operative/ engineer.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by 1st Accurate Services Ltd and payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the Company will not be guaranteed.
1st Accurate Services Ltd shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in any other related work which requires attention.
The Customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Corgi/ Gas Safe Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
15) Where 1st Accurate Services Ltd agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works and the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
16) On signing this quotation the Customer accepts that there may be unforeseen circumstances and works that may not be apparent at the time of our survey.
Remedial of these works shall become chargeable if undertaken by the Company.
17) If the Customer supplies their own materials they will be responsible for any missing parts or faults. The Company reserve the right to charge for any extra time incurred.
18) If you instruct us to do works or buy materials and then cancel, we reserve the right to charge you for the cost of any time and materials incurred by us. Charges will be those of our normal terms and conditions.
19) Guarantee. We have a 2 Year guarantee period of our labour and the duration of the manufacturers guarantee for all parts or equipment supplied by us. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, in writing, within 12 months of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense.
20) You agree that if you do not contact us within 12 months we shall have no liability. You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
21) Jobs on an hourly rate. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of materials supplied by the Company and the amount of time spent by our operative carrying out the works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials). Jobs are charged by the whole hour.
All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate except in cases should the work carried out is zero rated.
22) These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by in writing signed by our duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
23) These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
24) Extended warranties/ Free Services shall be withdrawn at the Company’s discretion should payment in full not be received as cleared funds within 72 hours of completion of works.
25) We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work.
26) We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to choose who will represent us.
27) Title to Goods. Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property (we continue to have title over them) we have the absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these goods.
28) All balances for works will become due upon completion/ commissioning, in full by Debit/ Credit card payment or via Internet/ telephone Banking Transfer.
An Interest of 4% over base rate will be charged on outstanding amounts owed to us.